Pinkcast 2.20: This is how to write a cold email to a big kahuna
LINKS AND FURTHER READING:
- Alex’s book is The Third Door: The Wild Quest to Uncover How the World’s Most Successful People Launched Their Careers. (Buy it at Amazon, BN.com, IndieBound, or 8CR.)
- The email template, which Alex drew from Tim Ferriss, is as follows:
- 1st paragraph: “I know you are very busy and get a lot of email so this will only take 60 seconds.”
- 2nd paragraph: 1 or 2 sentences about who you are and how that’s relevant to the person you’re contacting.
- 3rd paragraph: 1 or 2 sentences with a specific question the recipient can answer quickly.
- 4th paragraph: “I totally understand if you’re too busy to reply. Even a 1- to- 2-line response will make my day.”
Like this Pinkcast? Subscribe to get Dan's newsletter and a Pinkcast delivered to your inbox.